Learning complex weightlifting moves has never been so simple!
Olympic Lifting is a serious sport. It requires a level of strength, flexibility and skill that most people will never quite get.
The problem has always been being able to learn the basics with a weight that is manageable. Typically you'd have to use a 20kg bar plus plates. If you're lucky enough to have a pair of our 2.5kg Iron Edge technique plates, you'd still be working with a 25kg bar weight. Not a huge weight I know, but when you're learning the intricacies of the snatch and the clean & jerk, it's a lot of weight for a rookie to be holding overhead.
This madness leads to injury and can make weightlifting a scary and intimidating sport. But here's a solution that can make learning weightlifting easy and safe for all.
The 8kg/6ft aluminium barbell is ideal for the budding weightlifter. Combine this bar with our 2.5kg technique plates and you've got the perfect combination for anyone starting out. You can learn the technique with as little as 13kg total weight.
If you're starting out with weightlifting or you teach others, then the 8kg/6ft aluminium barbell should be exactly what you're looking for.
- 6 foot in length
- 25cm sleeve length
- Weight tolerance <50kg *This is a technique bar, NOT a bar to be used for heavy lifting!
- 28mm bar diameter
- Ideal for juniors/women/beginners
Our no BS Guarantee.
We take our products and service seriously. It's for this reason we offer a hassle-free No BS policy with all our products. If there's ever an issue with our service or product that is outside of normal wear and tear, simply let us know and we'll take care of it with a No BS attitude.
• Hi, How much weight can this bar take?
A: If you need to ask the question, you should likely be looking at getting a stock standard Olympic bar. Being 8kg it gives beginners a 12kg break from a 20kg bar. It is designed as a technique bar, not one to set your personal records on.
• what is the rating of the barbell in kgs
A: It doesn't have a rating as such as it's only designed to teach technique for the Olympic lifts and for lifters who cant yet use a standard 15/20kg bar. Once you're adding 30kg+ to the bar you would want to be using a standard bar with technique plates if required.
• What is the distance between the bushings? I have a 50" wide power rack and I'm guessing that this is bar really close to wide enough but not quite (48" maybe).
A: The distance between collars is 1265mm which is ~49 3/4 inches.
• "Weight tolerance
A: The 8kg Aluminium Barbell is a technique bar and as such doesn't have a percentage weight tolerance rating, much like a broomstick handle it's simply for teaching correct technique with minimal external load.
• Would you recommend this bar for use with the Torsonator Unearthed? Will it fit properly into the Torsonator Unearthed slot?
A: The bar will fit no worries, but being made of aluminium and having a sleeve length of 255mm it's not designed to take maximal loads.
Ask us a question about this product:
Iron Edge finance via FlexiCommerical
There are several key reasons Iron Edge has sought out FlexiCommerical to assist our clients with finance:
- They have the same No BS attitude Iron Edge does. They're upfront with all fees and conditions, there's no red tape and absolute minimal paperwork.
- Finance is offered by 'Lease plan' as opposed to 'loans'. Leasing is a fully deductible operating expense for tax purposes for a business. At the end of the lease you can either opt to keep the equipment or turn it over for brand new equipment and continue your lease plan.
- Set monthly payments with no hidden costs make budgeting easy. Leases range from 2 - 6 years. You can do your sums upfront on the Flexi Calculator without the usual haggling process associated with other finance companies.
- No down payments required. By avoiding a lump sum payment at the beginning of your finance commencing, you preserve your liquidity and give your business the best chance possible to hit the ground running before incurring expenses.
- No assets required to be fixed on the loan as a guarantee.
What's the process?
- Obtain a quote from Iron Edge for your required training gear.
- Contact FlexiCommerical on 1300 328 569 and let them know you have a quote from Iron Edge that you would like to obtain finance for. Alternatively, Iron Edge can send the quote along with your contact details direct to FlexiCommerical for them to contact you.
- The application is done over the phone in approximately 10 minutes.
- Once approved, the paperwork is faxed or emailed to you to sign.
- Once signed, FlexiCommerical will contact Iron Edge to confirm the order and the training gear will be immediately released to you.
- Fitness businesses
- Those looking to lease between $300 & $35,000 of training equipment. In excess of $35,000 is available however additional details will be required.
FlexiCommercial is not a product of Iron Edge. FlexiCommerical is a division of publicly listed FlexiGroup Limited. For their full details and background visit www.flexicommerical.com.au