Power Bands are one of the great resistance training tools.
This is because the word resistance, as applied to the Power Band, means so many different things. They add all kinds of specific benefits to your training.
The Power Band is a first-rate stretching tool. By fixing it at one end and using it to stretch a given limb, like lying on your back, looping it around the sole of your foot and pulling with your hands to stretch the hamstring, the band will increase the intensity of the stretch with a pressure that is easily regulated.
The Power Band will add specific dimensions to your weight training. It can be used like a spotter. For example, if you attach two Power Bands of equal tension to the top of the squat rack, the bands will assist you out of the bottom position so you don’t end up stuck.
The Power Band will make your weight training sport-specific. If you connect two Power Bands of equal tension to the frame of the bench press and then at either end of the bar, the bands will stretch when you reach lockout and increase the load. This makes the most difficult part of the contraction at the extension of the movement, rather than down on your chest. By training this way, you’ll be generating much greater force at extension when throwing, striking or punching.
The Power Band can function like a smaller version of the Agility Band. When you stretch the band, momentum is stored in it. As it contracts, it directs that force back into the muscle, training your ability to decelerate. Being able to decelerate effectively means that you have greater control over your movement and conditions you against injury.
Power Bands are also an excellent tool for developing technique. By looping bands around the body for specific exercises, like squats, the bands not only provide resistance, but gently assist in reinforcing correct movement patterns. In a similar way, Power Bands are also a sensational rehab tool.
The Power Band is simple to use, simple to care for and can be used anywhere you want to train.
Enhance your Power Band training with the Utility Strap
The Utility Strap will enhance the performance and lifespan of your band. Utility Straps enable you to attach bands to anything in seconds, as well as preventing knots and protecting from sharp edges.
Advanced Pack (41-inch)
The Advanced Pack contains pairs of blue, red and orange bands. Great for more heavy-duty spotting, as well as full-body de-loading and tractioning during stretching.
Please note: Power Bands are made from 100% pure latex. If you have a latex allergy, it’s probably best not to make skin contact with them.
Don't be fooled by imitation resistance bands
Our Power Bands are the only true resistance bands that have "latex layer technology".
This is a proprietary technology (25 years in the making) that ensures maximum durability and lifespan for each band. Every band is manufactured by laying the latex around and around allowing it to cure together – it's a slower process but ensures top quality.
Other manufacturers simply dip their bands into the latex and hope for the best. Quality cannot be guaranteed this way. Worse still, some cheaper manufacturers are loading the rubber with fillers to reduce costs further.
Our rubber is 100% pure – no fillers and no short cuts are taken. Ever!
If your safety and training is important to you, please consider the best resistance bands on the market today.
Our no BS Guarantee.
We take our products and service seriously. It's for this reason we offer a hassle-free No BS policy with all our products. If there's ever an issue with our service or product that is outside of normal wear and tear, simply let us know and we'll take care of it with a No BS attitude.
• Hi guys,
How many bands come in this pack pelase?
And what length and width are they
Cheers and thanks
A: 6 bands come in this pack. All the bands are 41" long. The widths are 20mm, 29mm and 46mm for the Orange, Red and Blue bands respectively.
• Hi there,
I'm after some power bands for my outdoor sessions to allow me to do back exercises like rows ad pull downs and assisted chin ups. Can you please advise which size/colour bands I would need?
A: Depending on how heavy you were, the Heavyweight's pack is a good option for Chin ups. For Back exercises, the Assisted Pull-up/Chin-up Pack is more appropriate.
• Just wondering what size or range of size of bands to go for if I'm looking to try and duplicate a high intensity weights workout while travelling and can't get to a gym (which is more than half the year). The exercises I am most interested in would be the resistance push-up (can bench press 10 reps of 75 kg), squat (normally squat 10 reps 80 kg), deadlift (10 reps 100 kg), and bentover rows (say 10 reps with 60 kg dumbbells).
I'm not sure if my own height and weight would have much impact on your answer (165 cm, 65 kg).
A: If you're looking for a gym substitute for 6 months of the year you be hard pressed to go past the Professional Set which includes the whole range. If budget or space is an issue the Advance Pack will be a good place to start building your set from as it has your current lifts covered with room to grow.
Ask us a question about this product:
Iron Edge finance via FlexiCommerical
There are several key reasons Iron Edge has sought out FlexiCommerical to assist our clients with finance:
- They have the same No BS attitude Iron Edge does. They're upfront with all fees and conditions, there's no red tape and absolute minimal paperwork.
- Finance is offered by 'Lease plan' as opposed to 'loans'. Leasing is a fully deductible operating expense for tax purposes for a business. At the end of the lease you can either opt to keep the equipment or turn it over for brand new equipment and continue your lease plan.
- Set monthly payments with no hidden costs make budgeting easy. Leases range from 2 - 6 years. You can do your sums upfront on the Flexi Calculator without the usual haggling process associated with other finance companies.
- No down payments required. By avoiding a lump sum payment at the beginning of your finance commencing, you preserve your liquidity and give your business the best chance possible to hit the ground running before incurring expenses.
- No assets required to be fixed on the loan as a guarantee.
What's the process?
- Obtain a quote from Iron Edge for your required training gear.
- Contact FlexiCommerical on 1300 328 569 and let them know you have a quote from Iron Edge that you would like to obtain finance for. Alternatively, Iron Edge can send the quote along with your contact details direct to FlexiCommerical for them to contact you.
- The application is done over the phone in approximately 10 minutes.
- Once approved, the paperwork is faxed or emailed to you to sign.
- Once signed, FlexiCommerical will contact Iron Edge to confirm the order and the training gear will be immediately released to you.
- Fitness businesses
- Those looking to lease between $300 & $35,000 of training equipment. In excess of $35,000 is available however additional details will be required.
FlexiCommercial is not a product of Iron Edge. FlexiCommerical is a division of publicly listed FlexiGroup Limited. For their full details and background visit www.flexicommerical.com.au