The greatest mistake an athlete can make is to underestimate recovery as an essential component of training.
Most people are very aware that the process of getting faster and stronger. By breaking down the muscles, they grow back stronger, thereby adapting to the stress they have been subjected to. Getting the most out of training is not simply a matter of depleting the body as much as possible, however; its about cultivating growth through effective recovery. Sleep and diet are the obvious components, but active recovery seems to be the missing link in the chain for everyone except funded professional sports teams.
Massage is one of the best ways to speed recovery.
With extended, rigorous use, muscles will develop tight, sore spots. A masseur can pursue those tight spots, often referred to as trigger points. By pressing into those points with a digit or elbow, they will relax and the muscle will be left smooth, which results in better circulation and more effective function. Muscles are wrapped in a supportive sheath called fascia, which becomes tight and stiff with use. Similarly, massage will break this up and help return it to its optimal tension. A stiff, tight muscle is far less powerful than a soft, loose one.
The foam roller is a very cheap and easy to use self-massage tool. While not possessed of digits, the roller works by applying long, sweeping strokes to long muscle groups like quadriceps, hamstrings, calves and glutes. By lying across the roller and drawing the limb across it, trigger points can be probed and manipulated until they are released. Similarly, rolling on the foam roller will break up fascia and return it to a soft and pliable state.
The Iron Edge Foam Roller is made from dense, durable EVA foam and is resistant to sweat and other forms of corrosion. Best of all, its a whole lot of therapy for precious-little coin.
Dimensions 100cm long x 15cm diameter.
Our no BS Guarantee.
We take our products and service seriously. It's for this reason we offer a hassle-free No BS policy with all our products. If there's ever an issue with our service or product that is outside of normal wear and tear, simply let us know and we'll take care of it with a No BS attitude.
• If the roller weighs about 2kg why is the freight for 5kg?
A: Our smaller/lighter items get sent via satchels which the Foam Roller won't fit in. We need to set the weight higher so shipping doesn't default to a satchel. Non satchel shipping starts at 5.1kgs.
• Are you able to tell me what the hardness/density of this foam roller is?
A: There's no "hardness" scale we can apply to foam rollers. The density is 51.459kgs per m3 if that helps though.
• there are different rollers witch one should i get
A: If you haven't used them before, the full length foam roller will give you a great starting point.
• The foam roller listed as coming with the Body Ease DVD is stated at 90 cm long 15 cm diameter. The foam roller sold by itself is stated as 100 cm long 15 cm diameter
Is there actually any difference in length or is this a typo ?
A: It's a typo, thanks for pointing that out. The length is 100cm
• Pros/Cons of the full length and half length foam roller?
A: A full length roller allows you to you to work larger areas without having to re-position the roller, whereas the half length roller offers a more compact option which is highly portable.
Ask us a question about this product:
Iron Edge finance via FlexiCommerical
There are several key reasons Iron Edge has sought out FlexiCommerical to assist our clients with finance:
- They have the same No BS attitude Iron Edge does. They're upfront with all fees and conditions, there's no red tape and absolute minimal paperwork.
- Finance is offered by 'Lease plan' as opposed to 'loans'. Leasing is a fully deductible operating expense for tax purposes for a business. At the end of the lease you can either opt to keep the equipment or turn it over for brand new equipment and continue your lease plan.
- Set monthly payments with no hidden costs make budgeting easy. Leases range from 2 - 6 years. You can do your sums upfront on the Flexi Calculator without the usual haggling process associated with other finance companies.
- No down payments required. By avoiding a lump sum payment at the beginning of your finance commencing, you preserve your liquidity and give your business the best chance possible to hit the ground running before incurring expenses.
- No assets required to be fixed on the loan as a guarantee.
What's the process?
- Obtain a quote from Iron Edge for your required training gear.
- Contact FlexiCommerical on 1300 328 569 and let them know you have a quote from Iron Edge that you would like to obtain finance for. Alternatively, Iron Edge can send the quote along with your contact details direct to FlexiCommerical for them to contact you.
- The application is done over the phone in approximately 10 minutes.
- Once approved, the paperwork is faxed or emailed to you to sign.
- Once signed, FlexiCommerical will contact Iron Edge to confirm the order and the training gear will be immediately released to you.
- Fitness businesses
- Those looking to lease between $300 & $35,000 of training equipment. In excess of $35,000 is available however additional details will be required.
FlexiCommercial is not a product of Iron Edge. FlexiCommerical is a division of publicly listed FlexiGroup Limited. For their full details and background visit www.flexicommerical.com.au