Ideal for a commercial or home gym, this high grade rubber flooring is non-slip and shock absorbing.
1m (L) x 1m (W) x 15mm (thick) with bevelled edge
black in colour
made from 100% recycled environmentally friendly rubber
Give us a call on 1300 85 40 50 for discounted rates on large quantities.
* Please note, orders of more than 10 pieces of flooring cannot be picked up from our showroom, please call us to arrange collection from our warehouse.
Our no BS Guarantee.
We take our products and service seriously. It's for this reason we offer a hassle-free No BS policy with all our products. If there's ever an issue with our service or product that is outside of normal wear and tear, simply let us know and we'll take care of it with a No BS attitude.
do these have any type of attachment so they can join together?
A: No, there is no attachment with these mats. They do fit snuggly together when laid down correctly.
• Hey, do these needed to be glued down at all? I've got a big garage gym setup in a double garage at the moment however its a rental.
A: No need to glue them down, they're heavy and enough to grip the floor and not to move around.
• I recently purchased this product & there is an oily finish on the surface of the rubber flooring which as a consequence is leaving foot prints all over the surface. What is the best solution to remove this problem?
A: A warm mop with a dish washing detergent will clear it up the fastest.
How heavy per mat and are they commercial grade?
A: Each mat weighs ~12kgs. They meet all the fire safety regs, and yes they are commercial grade.
• HI IM LOOKING AT GETTNG FLOOR MATS FOR MY PERSONAL TRAINING STUDIO..
WAS WONDERING IF THE ONES YOU HAVE ARE DURABLE FOR TREADMILLS AND ALL WEIGHT EQUIPMENT.
ARE THEY EASY TO PUT TOGETHER??
ALSO WILL I NEED TO REMOVE THE EXISTING CARPET I HAVE???
IS THERE A BETTER PRICE IF WE BUY BULK??
A: Shoot through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be able to help you out with your requirements.
• How hard are they to cut to fit a desired space
A: Not hard at all, a Stanley knife with a fresh blade makes short work of cutting them up.
• Are these suitable as a lifting platform (over concrete) for bumper plates (like ironedge premium bumper plates)?
A: The purpose of using a lifting platform is to prolong the life of your equipment. The 15mm Rubber Flooring is certainly better than dropping straight onto concrete, but it's not ideal. 50mm rubber is the standard for weightlifting platforms. Check out the Iron Edge option here http://www.kettlebells.com.au/store/rubber-flooring-50mm-x-500mm-x-500mm.html
• Just curious if these floor tiles are sealed to protect them from sweat, odors etc.
A: Not specifically, but we're yet to hear of any odor issues arising from not being sealed.
• Hi, how suitable the mats are for sled training? Not sure if thats the ideal type of mat if you using a sled over it.
A: It's workable but not ideal in some cases. The Rubber Flooring provides a lot of friction which is exacerbated with the addition of extra weight. It's suitability will very much depend on your training goals.
• Is it possible to buy less than 10? I have a small home gym and only require 6. Thanks.
A: The 10 minimum is set for shipping purposes. However, if you send an email through to email@example.com we can arrange less than 10.
• Are these mats better placed directly on concrete flooring or can they be placed on carpet?
A: It would depend on what carpet you're planning on placing the mats on. Basically as long as you have a firm base that the mats won't sink into (once you're walking on it) any surface texture will work.
• Hi, Just wondering if these mats are suitable for outdoor use. I've got a concreted area in my backyard I'd like to use these on, but they won't be undercover...they'll be exposed to the elements...Thanks
A: They will tolerate being outside. The drawback being that they wont dry out underneath after they get wet. This will create a build up of mould
I am looking to get 1 big mat printed on (like a compass to help cue up 3 dimensional exercises). Using this product i would need to put them together before being printed on and i will need to move the mat in between 2 venues. Whole mat would need to be roughly 2.5-3m x 2.5-3m. Do you have any products or suggestions on how i could achieve this? Suppose better first question is Can they be printed on?
A: The Rubber Flooring is only available in 1m x 1m square tiles and they can't be printed on.
• I have gym in my garage, can i park my car on them?
A: Yes, no problem.
• Hi there
I currently have underlay and carpet in my PT Studio. Do i need to remove the carpet to lay these mats down or can i lay straight over top?
A: There's nothing to stop you from laying straight over the top. However whatever "softness" the carpet/underlay provided will be felt through the rubber which may not be ideal for heavy lifts.
• Hi just wanted to ask if i had 2 layers of these mats would it be storng enough to handle heavy deadlifts ( 250kg range ) without damaging my plates or flooring? of course i would use wood to stand on but to stop bounce and what not would the double layer work?
A: Two layers of 15mm flooring should be fine if you're using bumpers, however if you're using cast iron plates you'll still really want to avoid dropping them from height.
• Hi looking for mat for jump rope shock absorbtion... Is this mat the best out of your four on offer?
A: Yes, the 15mm Rubber Flooring offers the best compromise of shock absorption and comfortably for jump rope.
• Hi picked up a few of these today, do you know of a good way to get rid of the new rubber smell.
Does it go away with time?/would leaving them out in the sun for a few days help get rid of it quicker?
A: Due to the nature of this product in some instances there has been reports of a slight rubbery smell. The best way to combat this issue is to air the product out as much as possible. The smell in time will dissipate.
I would like to know the best way to keep this flooring clean? What is the manufacturers recommendations? If mop what kind works best as we have used many different also can chemicals be used? Is a steam mop recommended?
A: Most of the feedback from customers is that a standard mop and water works well. I would not recommend a steam mop as we are unaware of the effect on the flooring.
I would like to put them over wooden floorboards which are on a concrete slab. Is this a suitable option for a home gym which is 5mx5mx3m (LWH)
A: The rubber flooring tiles are designed for this particular purpose. They offer a great solution for gym flooring.
• I've got about 40 of these mats and they feel great underfoot except for being a bit slippery, is there anything that can be done to reduce the slip?
A: Aside from making sure that they aren't getting wet and keeping them dry there isn't much more that can be done.
Ask us a question about this product:
Iron Edge finance via FlexiCommerical
There are several key reasons Iron Edge has sought out FlexiCommerical to assist our clients with finance:
- They have the same No BS attitude Iron Edge does. They're upfront with all fees and conditions, there's no red tape and absolute minimal paperwork.
- Finance is offered by 'Lease plan' as opposed to 'loans'. Leasing is a fully deductible operating expense for tax purposes for a business. At the end of the lease you can either opt to keep the equipment or turn it over for brand new equipment and continue your lease plan.
- Set monthly payments with no hidden costs make budgeting easy. Leases range from 2 - 6 years. You can do your sums upfront on the Flexi Calculator without the usual haggling process associated with other finance companies.
- No down payments required. By avoiding a lump sum payment at the beginning of your finance commencing, you preserve your liquidity and give your business the best chance possible to hit the ground running before incurring expenses.
- No assets required to be fixed on the loan as a guarantee.
What's the process?
- Obtain a quote from Iron Edge for your required training gear.
- Contact FlexiCommerical on 1300 328 569 and let them know you have a quote from Iron Edge that you would like to obtain finance for. Alternatively, Iron Edge can send the quote along with your contact details direct to FlexiCommerical for them to contact you.
- The application is done over the phone in approximately 10 minutes.
- Once approved, the paperwork is faxed or emailed to you to sign.
- Once signed, FlexiCommerical will contact Iron Edge to confirm the order and the training gear will be immediately released to you.
- Fitness businesses
- Those looking to lease between $300 & $35,000 of training equipment. In excess of $35,000 is available however additional details will be required.
FlexiCommercial is not a product of Iron Edge. FlexiCommerical is a division of publicly listed FlexiGroup Limited. For their full details and background visit www.flexicommerical.com.au