Often, the best strength-and-conditioning workouts are reminiscent of some kind of destructive activity.
The sledgehammer as an implement comes with a strong sense of theatre. It reminds us of tough people who earned their strength in tough professions; breaking rocks on the chain gang and demolition. It also makes you think of breaking that task or that opponent into pieces, one blow at a time.
Chopping wood has traditionally been a popular conditioning exercise for boxers. The sledgehammer and tyre is far more practical and less messy in a modern setting. Its also safer and a lot more forgiving if you are tired and miss the target.
Driving a sledgehammer into a tyre is also beneficial because of the rebound after striking. Having to control the implement will develop balance and awareness at point-of-contact.
While it employs the muscles usually associated with triple extension of the posterior chain, the sledgehammer works them in reverse, which is more relevant to striking or taking-down an opponent in a wrestling context. Sledgehammer training will also develop core and rotational strength, cardiovascular fitness as well as providing rigorous conditioning for the wrists, arms, and shoulders. The sledgehammer can also be swung in different ways to unite different movement patterns.
Sledgehammers from Iron Edge are available at three weights: 5, 10 and 15 kilos. Iron Edge hammers are engineered for exercise, rather than labor; the hammer is a steel head,welded to a steel shaft for unbreakable reliability. The shaft is finished with a light knurling to provide a grip.
Our no BS Guarantee.
We take our products and service seriously. It's for this reason we offer a hassle-free No BS policy with all our products. If there's ever an issue with our service or product that is outside of normal wear and tear, simply let us know and we'll take care of it with a No BS attitude.
• what is the measurement of the hammer?
A: The handle is 92cm long, the head is 8cm long.
• I'm new to sledgehammer training. Is the sledgehammer only designed to be used on tyres? What if I dont have access to one?
A: The best practice is to use them on tyres as they're incredibly durable and absorb most of the shock. If you don't have access to a tyre you could substitute some thick rubber matting or similar.
• can they be used for smashing up concrete and belting star pickets into the ground?
A: It's not recommended.
Ask us a question about this product:
Iron Edge finance via FlexiCommerical
There are several key reasons Iron Edge has sought out FlexiCommerical to assist our clients with finance:
- They have the same No BS attitude Iron Edge does. They're upfront with all fees and conditions, there's no red tape and absolute minimal paperwork.
- Finance is offered by 'Lease plan' as opposed to 'loans'. Leasing is a fully deductible operating expense for tax purposes for a business. At the end of the lease you can either opt to keep the equipment or turn it over for brand new equipment and continue your lease plan.
- Set monthly payments with no hidden costs make budgeting easy. Leases range from 2 - 6 years. You can do your sums upfront on the Flexi Calculator without the usual haggling process associated with other finance companies.
- No down payments required. By avoiding a lump sum payment at the beginning of your finance commencing, you preserve your liquidity and give your business the best chance possible to hit the ground running before incurring expenses.
- No assets required to be fixed on the loan as a guarantee.
What's the process?
- Obtain a quote from Iron Edge for your required training gear.
- Contact FlexiCommerical on 1300 328 569 and let them know you have a quote from Iron Edge that you would like to obtain finance for. Alternatively, Iron Edge can send the quote along with your contact details direct to FlexiCommerical for them to contact you.
- The application is done over the phone in approximately 10 minutes.
- Once approved, the paperwork is faxed or emailed to you to sign.
- Once signed, FlexiCommerical will contact Iron Edge to confirm the order and the training gear will be immediately released to you.
- Fitness businesses
- Those looking to lease between $300 & $35,000 of training equipment. In excess of $35,000 is available however additional details will be required.
FlexiCommercial is not a product of Iron Edge. FlexiCommerical is a division of publicly listed FlexiGroup Limited. For their full details and background visit www.flexicommerical.com.au