How to build the heart and lungs of an elite athlete.
The magic of our products are often their simplicity. And they don't have to be new products – some of our products are old ideas made new.
Take the humble skipping rope. Add a thin metal wire (instead of a rope) and you have a crazy, but effective, all round conditioning tool.
Here's the full story.
The Speed Rope is a standard skipping rope on speed. The thin wire ensures maximum speed can be generated, which means the rope is fast enough to circle the body more than once per jump. The CrossFit dudes call these double-unders (or triple-unders) and they're a big part of their training routines.
Because ten minutes of skipping is the equivalent of running a four minute mile. It's a tough workout! Typically, a few minutes skipping is enough to get the heart pumping.
It also has the advantage of being able to be performed in confined spaces. You only need a small space and you're set to go.
Also, proper skipping technique promotes better knee health. By pushing off from the balls of your feet, you reduce the repetitive shocks that are typically caused by running.
Bottom line? Speed rope skipping gives you a killer workout. Plus you get an endurance workout, mixed in with a coordination element and agility work with your feet.
- Two comfortable handles with ball bearing attachment for smooth and consistent "turn-over"
- Completely adjustable up to 270cm length.
- 2.5mm thick steel wire encased in a thin layer of nylon to ensure durability. Cuts through the air more quickly, ensuring maximum speed. Ideal for CrossFit workouts.
- More durable than plastic and leather models.
• Being a wire is it still possible to do cross overs and double under crossovers or is it too stiff?
A: Not a problem, our Speed Rope behaves like a normal skipping rope but is much quicker.
• Ooh one more question, I like a bit of weight on my rope. Is it heavy?
A: As it's a speed rope it's not heavy. Total weight is about 200g.
• Do you ship to new zealand?
A: Sorry, we don't currently ship to NZ.
• im 187cm (6'2''). I saw a review saying he was 183cm and managed ok just wondering if this skipping rope will still be long enough for me?? Cause im sick of having to hold onto the very ends of ropes just to get enough length.
A: All things being equal it should be long enough for you. I'm 185cms and can still skip with 2-3 fingers above handle (on the wire).
• Do they have bearings in the handles?
A: No. They have a very simple fail free rotating collar
would this rope be suitable for somebody who is 6'7"? Otherwise would you have another longer rope?
A: It would be touch and go. Simply send it back if it's not suitable Fiona.
• I use a rope at the gym I'm at that looks very similar however the rope itself I'm pretty sure is just plastic. The result of this is that it hasn't lost the twists that were in it from when they first got it and can sometimes snag on your feet and cause you to trip up while working out. Does this rope have the same problem?
A: Our Speed Rope has a plastic coated wire, so it takes a couple of goes to get the initial twists out but after that the weight of the wire pulls it straight which provides trip free skipping experience.
• Is this rope adjustable for, I am quiet short and find most ropes need to be cut down.
I am wondering how you would cut something like this down?
A: The Speed Rope is very easily adjusted. It's a simple screw that secures the wire to the handles and the wire can be easily cut with the "snipping" portion on a set of pliers.
While I was doing double unders the screw and collar that secures the wire to the handle came loose and flew off and is now lost. Can I purchase replacement parts?
A: Unfortunately we do not sell the parts individually.
Ask us a question about this product:
Iron Edge finance via FlexiCommerical
There are several key reasons Iron Edge has sought out FlexiCommerical to assist our clients with finance:
- They have the same No BS attitude Iron Edge does. They're upfront with all fees and conditions, there's no red tape and absolute minimal paperwork.
- Finance is offered by 'Lease plan' as opposed to 'loans'. Leasing is a fully deductible operating expense for tax purposes for a business. At the end of the lease you can either opt to keep the equipment or turn it over for brand new equipment and continue your lease plan.
- Set monthly payments with no hidden costs make budgeting easy. Leases range from 2 - 6 years. You can do your sums upfront on the Flexi Calculator without the usual haggling process associated with other finance companies.
- No down payments required. By avoiding a lump sum payment at the beginning of your finance commencing, you preserve your liquidity and give your business the best chance possible to hit the ground running before incurring expenses.
- No assets required to be fixed on the loan as a guarantee.
What's the process?
- Obtain a quote from Iron Edge for your required training gear.
- Contact FlexiCommerical on 1300 328 569 and let them know you have a quote from Iron Edge that you would like to obtain finance for. Alternatively, Iron Edge can send the quote along with your contact details direct to FlexiCommerical for them to contact you.
- The application is done over the phone in approximately 10 minutes.
- Once approved, the paperwork is faxed or emailed to you to sign.
- Once signed, FlexiCommerical will contact Iron Edge to confirm the order and the training gear will be immediately released to you.
- Fitness businesses
- Those looking to lease between $300 & $35,000 of training equipment. In excess of $35,000 is available however additional details will be required.
FlexiCommercial is not a product of Iron Edge. FlexiCommerical is a division of publicly listed FlexiGroup Limited. For their full details and background visit www.flexicommerical.com.au